2020 saw the coming together of Holker, one of the UK’s fastest growing IT consultancies, and PC Edutech, leaders in the provision of expert support and services to the education sector to create a team of some 45 people who are experts in education.
Together, they provide consultancy, technical support and specialist systems to support almost 20,000 students and staff at more than 60 schools, every day.
Central to the appeal of the Holker team is their understanding of the needs of the education sector today – from service delivery to financial planning – and the expectations for physical and digital classrooms tomorrow. Underpinning this is their reputation for delivering the best in security, embedded into every system and activity.
Unique within this sector is the focus on identifying, implementing and supporting the right Management Information System (MIS). Our consultants provide the essential training, support and guidance from initial planning, to everyday operations. Leaving school staff free to focus their valuable time on pupils.
When you come to us you can expect senior level consultancy and exceptional delivery in the most IT critical areas:
Technical Support & Consultancy
IT in schools is now an integral part of the curriculum, and online apps for pupils and parents are now very much in demand, and almost expected. Someone needs to implement and manage all this tech, so our experts in education do just this, with a field technician designated to your school or college, for the duration of the contract. This adds a personal service, where our technician becomes part of the staffing team.
Our Technical Support contracts offer:
- Regular visit patterns with a designated technician to support all IT hardware and software
- Three year development plan at the beginning of the contract, with regular timely reviews, to ensure stability, growth and development in line with the schools individual IT budget
- Advice and monitoring of network and internet security in support of government legislation
- Unlimited prioritised emergency callout
- Project management of all IT developments and improvements
- Technical Helpdesk for School Staff
- Managing all the school’s data in line with GDPR regulations
- Cloud back up services with regular monitoring
- Internet Service Provision, filtering and monitoring
- Remote working desktop management
- Installations of equipment, such as digital signage, printers and audio-visual solutions etc.
- Administration for quotes, account management and finance services.
MIS Administration Services
With pupil data being the basis for school funding, the correct information is essential to ensure accuracy of budgeting and maximising of available funds. Our teams have worked alongside RM School Management Solutions for more than a decade developing the working practices to ensure data quality and effective use of the systems to aid administrative functions.
Our Administration Support contract provides peace of mind for our clients offering:
- Remote desktop support: always there and offering remote support to guide you through addressing work issues and fixing the most difficult of scenarios. With positive feedback loops we work to deliver measurable reductions in support issues.
- Unlimited training: we work to deliver an effective working environment, and for us this means the provision of unlimited training for all school-based staff using the MIS database as part of our core package.
- Support materials available to provide everything you need to implement and manage all standard processes.
- RM Integris support: with a professional and accessible support desk with the comprehensive legislative knowledge and Integris ability.
- Assessment support for Integris – if required, we can create mark books bespoke to the school, in partnership with school requirements.
- Arbor Support: Holker Group are the only accredited Arbor support company in the North West, and are fully trained in the 100% Cloud solution that is being taken up by many schools and colleges now, as the most innovative MIS provision currently on the market.
With services from cabling and digital signage to audio visual installations, printers and copiers and site wide installations, talk to our team today on 01204 885880 or email email@example.com